We’re all dreaming of summer, and with that comes the transition from hot coffee to iced coffee on your daily caffeine run.
Although you can drink iced coffee year round, there is something especially satisfying about enjoying one outside in the summer.
Sitting on a patio? Having a picnic? Enjoying a walk with friends? Iced coffee is the perfect accessory.
Want to know where you can get a quality cool, caffeinated beverage in the city?
Here are 11 cafes in and around Victoria that are sure to serve you the best iced coffee this summer:
Sequoia Coastal Coffee
Sequoia Coastal Coffee’s Royal Bay location is a perfect spot to enjoy an iced coffee, complete with picnic tables and an ocean view.
The drive-thru coffee shop serves 2% Jazz Coffee and seasonal food offerings by Truffles Catering.
- Location: 365 Latoria Boulevard
- Hours: 6:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday and Sunday
Iluka, meaning “by the sea”, is sure to give you warm summer vibes all year round.
The waterfront cafe on the Portage Inlet serves specialty coffee, lite food fare and local handmade and eco-friendly goods.
- Location: 101 Island Highway #100
- Hours: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Tuesday to Saturday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Sunday
Ponchos Cafe and Catering
Ponchos Cafe is all about community, serving Sooke’s Stick in the Mud coffee from their warm and cozy cafe.
Be sure to stop by for an iced version of your favourite caffeinated drink!
- Location: 755 Goldstream Ave #115
- Hours: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday to Saturday
Fern Cafe and Bakery
Fern Cafe and Bakery is a vegan coffee shop, made popular by their delicious Discovery Coffee drinks, food options and donuts!
If you’re looking for an iced coffee with plenty of milk alternative options, Fern is the place for you.
- Location: 1-1115 N Park Street
- Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday and Sunday
Fernwood Coffee Company/Parsonage Cafe
Fernwood Coffee Company is a popular roastery and cafe located in Victoria, drawing in locals with their to-go menu, locally sourced, in-house prepared food and bags of their own espresso to go.
- Location: 1105 Caledonia Avenue
- Hours: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday to Sunday
The Allenby Coffee Bar
The Allenby Coffee Bar is all about local, creating their drinks with local, organic Mile Zero beans.
If you’re looking for something to eat to accompany your iced coffee, their food menu also includes vegan and gluten friendly options.
- Location: 2865A Foul Bay Road
- Hours: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday
Little June Cafe
Little June Cafe was created by 4 friends who wanted to write their chapter in Fernwood Square’s rich and continuing story.
It’s the perfect place to enjoy an iced coffee made with Fernwood coffee over brunch.
- Location: 1301 Gladstone Avenue
- Hours: 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Sunday
Moka House’s motto is “coffee and community”.
The cafe brews Heirloom Sacred Acre coffee, roasted in small batches.
- Location: 345 Cook Street
- Hours: 7 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday to Sunday
While you’re out and about downtown, be sure to stop by Hey Happy coffee for an iced coffee.
They offer plenty of milk alternatives, including house made cashew milk, so you can make every cup unique!
If you are a coffee connoisseur, you can also choose from a variety of coffee for purchase and even join their monthly subscription program!
- Location: 560 Johnson Street #122
- Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday and Sunday
Shatterbox Coffee Company
Located in Victoria Public Market, Shatterbox Coffee Company focuses on single origin coffees, seeking to demonstrate the way different coffees can accompany each other, like voices in a choir or ingredients in a cocktail.
- Location: 1701 Douglas Street
- Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday to Saturday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Sunday
Habit Coffee prides itself on their ethically sourced coffee beans, seeking out partners who share their vision of ethical, responsible and community-based business practices.
This means you can feel good about your iced coffee purchase from Habit!
- Locations: 552 Pandora Avenue (Chinatown) and 808 Yates Street (Atrium)
- Chinatown Hours: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday to Friday and 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday and Sunday
- Atrium Hours: 7 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday to Friday and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday and Sunday (Atrium)
Union Pacific Coffee
Once you’ve purchased your iced coffee from Union Pacific Cafe, be sure to enjoy it out on the patio, located directly behind the cafe.
Serving Vancouver coffee roasters JJ Bean your coffee is sure to be strong and smooth.
- Location: 537 Herald Street
- Hours: 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday to Saturday